Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Tribute to Fathers

"To her the name of father was another name for love."
~~By Fanny Fern~~

Sunday we had the opportunity to honor and show love to fathers everywhere.  This was an extra special Father's Day for us, since it was Charles' first Father's Day.  I could not ask for a better father for Isabelle.  Charles absolutely adores her and would do anything for her.  I am not surprised by this at all though, he was trained by his father, who is one of the most wonderful men I have ever met.  I want to thank my father, as well as the other men in my life whose fatherhood has helped sculpt who I am.  I love you all.

Charles' first Father's Day with Isabelle.  They absolutely adore each other.


Swimming with Papa



My father and I have always had special bond.  He means the world to me.  I love you Dad!


Roland has been a wonderful step-father, always putting the family first.  He has a heart of Gold!


I am so grateful for the wonderful example of love and compassion my father-in-law  has been for Charles and all who know him.


My Pa.  I miss him dearly, but I will never forget how much he cared about everyone, especially me.  I love him more than words can say.


My Grand-daddy Buck and his 3 boys.  I wish I could spend more time with him, but his example shines through his 3 sons, who are all wonderful fathers.


Granddad Charles shows such love for his family.  He took great care of my Grandma Jeanette, I couldn't have asked for more.

There are many father figures in our lives, I hope we will each take a chance to let them know how much we appreciate them, not only on Father's Day, but everyday.

1 comment:

Andréa Morrow said...

charles is a wonderful father!