Monday, March 5, 2012

Boggy The Froggy

Oh Boggy the Froggy, a tale we will never forget...

This year at school Isabelle's class had a class pet, Boggy the Froggy.  All year I had heard about Boggy and how much all the kids loved him.  Each week a different child in the class got to take him home and take care of him.  Isabelle came home from school and told me that it was her turn next to bring home.  Being just a week away from having a baby I was worried about this extra responsibility.  I talked to Charles about it and asked him what he thought.  He said he absolutely did not want a frog in our house.  I contemplated emailing Isabelle's teacher to tell her it probably wasn't the best time for us to bring Boggy home, but never sent the email.  When I picked Isabelle up from school  she was so excited and said, "Mom, I got to bring home Boggy!"  Oh no I thought.  But then she pulled Boggy out of her bag and wouldn't you know, Boggy was a stuffed animal!!!  I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  I called Charles and we both got a kick out of it.  We had just assumed that Boggy was a real frog by the way everyone talked about him.  I was so glad I hadn't emailed her teacher to tell her taking care of a stuffed animal was too much!  Isabelle just adored having Boggy with her and took him everywhere!

No comments: