Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter in Florida

We got to go down to Florida and spend a week there for the Easter Holiday.  It was so good to be back and get to see our family and friends there.  The trip started off great and ended great, but the middle we could have done without.  I think there were about 13 of us that came down with a severe case of the stomach flu.  It was so miserable and felt like we couldn't escape it.  Charles was the lucky one who flew home to go back to work early in the week and managed to dodge getting sick.  We just kept waiting to see who would get it next.  But it is finally over!  


The day before Easter we met up with my Dad in Sebastian.  There was supposed to be an Easter Egg hunt at the park, but when we got there no one was there.  There was still a big bounce house blown up, so the kids got to bounce for a while, without the craziness of other people there, so it was perfect.  



After the Park we walked over to a restaurant on the river and had a great lunch with my dad.  It was the perfect day.





Being back in Vero was so wonderful.  Ma's house is one of my favorite places to be.  The Gardenias always seem to be in perfect bloom.  The skies always seem to be blue and the river calm.  I feel so much peace when I am there.  So many cherished childhood memories where made there. 



The kids all had fun decorating their Easter eggs.





The kids had a blast doing the Easter Egg hunt






 Special time with Laila before she leaves in a few weeks.


 Ma with all her greats

 Finally got to meet sweet little Kyleigh, she is such a doll!


 It wouldn't be a complete trip to Vero without a boat ride.  Isabelle sure was ready!




On Monday we went up to Melbourne and had a fun day at the zoo.  Everyone loved feeding the birds.







 Liam was a little scared of the birds








 Feeding the giraffes was one of the grossest and coolest things I've done.


The best part of the week, hands down, was going with Laila to the temple.  I can't believe my little sister is so grown up now and is going on a mission.  I am so proud of her.  




My mom had a open house/farewell party for Laila before we had to leave to come back home.  So many of her friends were able to come and wish her good luck on her mission.  I'm so glad we were able to be there for it.  It was a great way to end our trip to Florida.











No comments: